During the coronavirus outbreak, your child’s safety is our top priority. Therefore we have put extra measures and precautions in place, following the advice of Public Health England and the NHS.
Taking official guidance into account, our Easter holiday workshops are taking place as planned.
What we are doing:
- We will closely monitor changes to the Government’s educational guidance.
- We will continue to follow rigorous hygiene practices in our small group workshops/classes. These take place in large, airy spaces, with plenty of cleaning solutions, soap and hand sanitiser available.
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned throughout the day.
- Students will be asked to practise good hand hygiene.
- We will ensure that any staff, parents and students who are returning from travel to affected regions, or who believe they have been exposed to the virus, do not attend the workshop/class.
- Dulwich College has guaranteed a high level of cleanliness and hygiene in all its facilities.
- In the event of a child showing any signs of symptoms, we will contact the NHS for advice.
Our normal cancellation policy:
- If you need to cancel a booking, you have the following options:
- Less than 14 days before the start of the course/workshop/exam, you may be offered a credit for a future course/workshop/exam valid for 12 months.
- 14 days or more before the start of the course/workshop/exam, you will be offered a credit for a future course/workshop/exam valid for 12 months OR a refund less an admin fee (£25).
- If a child does not turn up without giving us prior warning, we will not offer a credit or refund.
- A workshop/exam booking may be transferred to another person with no additional charges.
COVID-19 cancellation policy:
In light of the recent COVID-19 situation, if we are unable to run workshops/classes/exams due to Government guidance:
- You will be offered a workshop credit for future courses valid for 2020.
- Rebooking is advisable to secure places in future workshops owing to anticipated demand.
- If we are able to continue the workshop but a child or parent has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and the child is unable to attend, we will require medical evidence for cancellation and you will be offered a credit for a future course/workshop/exam valid for the remainder of 2020 (with no admin fee).
- The latest update from the Department of Health explains that the Government has changed its coronavirus approach from the containment phase to the delay phase. So if a child begins a workshop then develops coronavirus symptoms (however mild), we will advise them to stay at home and self-isolate for seven days. The relevant symptoms are either a high temperature and/or a new continuous cough. In this case, we will post/email the remainder of the workshop booklet for your child to complete. Refunds will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Further information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#history
Please stay safe and well – and keep learning. We understand this is a difficult time and are here to help if you have any queries.
020 8883 2519