Tutoring in students’ homes: Guidance update 5th August
Our understanding of current Government guidelines is that private tutoring in other people’s homes is permitted in the event that it cannot be undertaken remotely, which is still the preferred method.
We therefore are continuing to arrange online tuition, except in the most exceptional circumstances. As of today 100% of our lessons are online.
The detailed (current) guidance can be found on the Government website:
If in exceptional circumstances one of our teachers needs to visit you at home for tuition, we will maintain the following procedures:
- Our tutors will call their tutee prior to each lesson to check that no one in the household has Covid 19 symptoms and to confirm that they themsleves do not have Covid 19 symptoms
- Our tutors will maintain social distancing wherever possible. Ideally 2 meters or 1metre+ if that’s not possible
- We will wash our hands on arrival and maintain social distancing when entering the home
- Our tutors will discuss with households ahead of a visit to ask that social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable) are maintained
- Ask households to leave all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
- We will Identify busy areas across the household where people travel to, from or through, for example, stairs and corridors, and minimise movement within these areas.
- If appropriate, bring our own food and drink to households and have breaks outside if possible
- Avoiding sharing pens, documents and other objects.
- Maximise ventilation whenever possible.
- Wearing a face covering as required by law when travelling as a passenger on public transport in England. We will use face coverings properly and wash our hands before putting them on and before and after taking them off.
Please note that guidance on face masks is subject to revision and change.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to us about the current procedures, please call our friendly team on 02088832519.